Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Fresh Start

As I was sitting here reading the blogs of others, I realized that the Year was coming to an end and I decided to look back and see what I had done this.

My mind doesn't come up with much. A trip to South Lake Tahoe for Mother's Day, Great new way for me to eat that helps with my weight problem, A trip on a Train to Utah for a Wedding, and a trip to Boise Idaho for a family reunion. We if you look at it that way I have done alot this year. It has gone by fast for me. I look forward to another year of growth.

Yesterday I learned that I have been working so hard this year just to read the Book of Mormon front to back. Which I did and learned alot. Only to find out that it was good. But the Prophet Pres. Benson said in 1988 that we need not to just read that one but also the bible at the same time. Ok just getting thru the Book of Mormom was hard enough at times. Now this year I need to do it again and read the Doctrine and Covenants and Prearl Of Great Price, too. I'm going to try to do this I'm not sure how well I will do.
Yesterday, I gave talk about being prepared. That is something I need to do every week. I'm not a teacher, but I'm an adult in a class so I need to be ready to participate in class.

I've been talking to my daughter Melisa lately, her insight into things sometimes reminds me of my mother. I miss her when I her my daughter talk so about the church. Mom had her faults just all of us do, however she was a spritual woman, She knew when we were in trouble without us having to tell her. She was wise in her understanding of the church and scriptures. I still hope to someday be half the person she was.

I was talkingt my husband the other day, he made the comment that if it were not for me, he wouldn't be active in the church like he is right now. Sounds alot like my dad sometimes yet alot like his dad. I see him in my son more and more each day. He attends and does his calling, but if not for that I don't think he would come to church. He doesn't have the backing like my husband does. Then I see Roy in Mary as well, I wish I could see more of my mom in her, but right now I don't maybe someday.

The days seem long and drawn out right now. I guess that has to be expect this time of year. When its gray and dark outside all day. Depression can and will set in if I let it. I'm going to try hard not.

With the New Year starting to night I need to look forward now not backwards. I need to find something to look forward to. I not sure what that will be but I'm going to be going to the temple will spend sometime thinking about the future and where I should be going with it.

Well the days seems to be dragging so I clean my office and get the paperwork ready for the new year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment